Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Imperial invites you to GENERATE, an immersive biotech workshop designed to connect ambitious SMEs to our world-class facilities, talent and ideas.
GENERATE will feature:
• 1:1 sessions to help your business succeed
• Tours of our Invention Rooms and Hackspace
• Networking with like-minded SMEs
• Practical tools to solve your challenges
• Design thinking brainstorms with academics leaders.
Who is running the workshops?
The sessions will be run by a mix of business mentors and Imperial's academic community experienced in collaborating with SMEs to develop or enhance products and services:
Format and timings:
4.00pm: Arrival & Registration
4.15pm: Welcome and Introductions
4.30pm: Interactive Session - Design Thinking for the Time Poor
5.30-7pm: Pre-allocated tours in our advanced hackspace, quick-fire 1:1 sessions for your business with Imperial's community of experts; and pizza + drinks.
Speakers and facilitators include:
- Professor Oscar Ces, Professor in Chemical Biology & Co-Director of Imperial's Advanced Hackspace
- Dr Billy Wu, Lecturer at the Dyson School of Engineering
- Alistair McDermott, CEO, Imperial Consultants (ICON)
- Dr Leila Sheldrick, Lecturer at the Dyson School of Design Engineering
- Susannah Williams, Scientist in Residence at RebelBio, Life Sciences Accelerator
Imperial’s Invention Rooms aim to be the best place in world in which to turn ideas into reality. With a network of 2,400 growing at 100 a month, they bring together entrepreneurs and academics in cleantech, plastics and packaging, biotech, digital securities, computing, digital art, synthetic biology, robotics, healthcare, automation, machining and many other sectors.