What’s new in Clustermarket v3?
It is now possible to make recurring bookings which has been long anticipated by many of our users. This new feature is available for every user no matter their role but turned off by default for Researchers, Students and Guests. The Lab Admins can turn them on as they wish for individual users and/or for groups of users (see more below). The booking rules such as maximum booking time, usage limits, and maximum availability window will still apply. Additionally, while it is possible to decline or approve multiple bookings (if they are recurring bookings), you can only edit each booking individually but can cancel all if necessary.
Please see some further details about the recurring bookings feature below:
- Recurring bookings can be daily, weekly, monthly and yearly.
- There is a recurrence limit of three years calculated from the current date.
- Selected add-ons, notes and projects will be automatically assigned to all bookings.
- While individual, multiple or all recurring bookings can be declined or cancelled at once, only individual recurring bookings can be edited.
- A new time picker below the booking calendar can be used to fine tune the start and end time of a booking.
- Please watch this quick video to learn how to make recurring bookings.
Allowing Researchers, Students and Guests to make recurring bookings:
- Individual user profile permission: if you have equipment individually assigned to a user and want to allow her to make recurring bookings on those instruments, please go to Users>Overview and edit the desired user’s profile by clicking on the down pointing arrow on the right side of their name. Afterwards, look for the “Recurring bookings” toggle on the left hand side, turn it on and Update the user’s profile to save the change.
- Group permission: if you make use of groups to assign equipment to more than one person and want to allow all these users to make recurring bookings on those instruments, please go to Users>Groups edit the desired group’s settings by clicking on the down pointing arrow on the right side of their name. Afterwards, look for the “Recurring bookings” toggle on the left hand side, turn it on and Update the group’s profile to save the change.
- All booking rules will still apply including booking time quotas and limitations for booking in advance.
As always, reporting about any errors that you experience while using Clustermarket or any feedback is greatly appreciated, as this allows us to improve the system. If you have any questions or comments please don’t hesitate to contact us directly.