You will lead our DataOps practice, taking Clustermarket from basic reporting into an insight-driven company. During this time, you will be supported by an experienced Product Owner and the rest of our ambitious team whose goal is to get every single lab in the world using Clustermarket. If you are a motivated data orientated person and are looking to make an immediate impact at an exciting startup, please get in touch!
- Leverage a combination of statistical techniques and machine learning to produce meaningful insights about the behavior of our users - keeping reliability, performance, scalability, security, automation, and version control in mind.
- With help from DevOps, set up a zoned data lake/warehouse to merge various sources of data and prepare it for further analysis. Ensure our 1st party structured and semi-structured data “ready for analysis”.
- Perform various one-off technical tasks in collecting, cleaning, but mostly evaluating and visualizing important business insights. When relevant, generalize this process into parts of our automated data science pipeline.
- Work closely with design and product, use data visualization tools to bring data to life inside our product and internally for our sales, marketing and management teams.
- Lead by example to implement DataOps thinking into our culture. Work closely with the engineering team to advocate best practices. Ensure the engineers produce high quality data by implementing data quality tests, occasionally reviewing their code and other practices you find relevant.
Skills & Qualifications:
- You have 3–5 years of experience working in SQL within analytical warehouse tools
- You have min. 3 years of experience with BI/Data Viz tools
- You have an obsession with finding meaningful clues from large data sets. To do this you are able to work top-down; starting with important business/user questions and finding the right data and tools to answer them in a scalable, forward-compatible way.
- You have experience in setting up a data science pipeline, or optimizing an existing one to complement our company’s CI/CD processes and infrastructure.
- You enjoy setting up and maintaining a bulletproof taxonomy and can define it t at a physical data model level. You will have used RDFs, SKOS, OWL or another schema standard to give meaning to data. You will have come across metadata dictionaries to help contextualize data faster.
- You can write efficient SQL queries and ideally also use Python (or other languages) to further manipulate the data inside your workbench. Experience with data science notebooks is not required.
- You are an empathetic team leader, motivated to bring out the most of everyone’s work for a common goal. Feature ownership is a must-have mindset.
- You preferably are familiar with Product Analytics Platforms, like Amplitude or Mixpanel, Optimizely, PostHog etc.
- You preferably have a Master’s degree in Big Data, Computer Science, ML/AI or Statistics.
- You preferably have used a graph database or are familiar with its applications
Clustermarket welcomes everyone. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We currently have a ⅔ male + ⅓ female team we would like to equilibrate, representing 9 different countries. We believe every team member enriches each other by broadening our ways of thinking.